TRACING THEIR FOOTSTEPS
Our Texas Roots
- Rebecca Becky Talifero (1838-Unk)
- Solomon Chance (1861- Unk)
- Alfred Yarbrough (1858 - Unk)
- Thornton, Rebecca and Sallie Pope (1850 - Unk
- James Crittenden Family (1810-Unk) Alabama
The last slaves listed on this page are intertwined by marriage, blood or community. We will trace their footsteps to Texas.
If we have the courage and tenacity of our forebears, who stood firmly like a rock against the lash of slavery, we shall find a way to do for our day what they did for theirs.
Mary McLeod Bethune